View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 15, 2010, 4:00 AM
heavy user of walkability

I agree this is a good place to put news related to that project. what happens with it has a big impact at least on the feel of the rest of Mission Bay, and I certainly hope things are settled soon so it can progress.

in other news...

drilling and grading has indeed begun at the neurosciences building site! a couple of angles looking east-northeast with Rock Hall in the background (and CVRB peeking). the small bulldozer you can see in the distance in both pics was active yesterday (Sat). I didn't see any other activity, either with the larger grader in the foreground or the pile driller.

and, someone had left the fencing open around the new plaza behind ex-Pfizer (I will probably call it that forever, sorry), so here is a sneak preview from its little knoll, looking roughly southeast toward the Old Navy building (it feels good to reflect that for years after it was built in about 2001, the ON building was visible all the way from the Fourth St bridge - now it's tucked behind plenty of company). the South St garage is barely visible on the right side.

and, apparently it is spring in Mission Bay, 'cause look what is going on over at Latte Lane:

the folks at Gladstone, Celgene, and the UCSF Orthopedics Unit have a very nice little garden for themselves!

Last edited by timbad; Feb 15, 2010 at 4:34 AM. Reason: added text