View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 31, 2021, 7:32 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I actually don't know anyone (family, friends, neighbours, work colleagues, etc.) who has elementary school kids who thinks that kids learning online was in any way equivalent to having them in class.

By all accounts it was a handful keeping even the most motivated, serious, well-behaved kids on track during that time.

Also, people on here who wear their hearts on their sleeves and weep for the widow and the orphan should also be concerned because kids who were disadvantaged before the pandemic will be even further behind as a result of this.

The pandemic in terms of its educational impacts didn't impact all social classes equally.
I think E-learning is great for adults or maybe people in college who have developed brains and if they are serious, will take advantage of the material. In some cases, E-learning can in a way be tougher, material wise but this will depend on the exams or material present (at least if its a well developed e-version of a course).

I don't know the effectiveness of it with kids though. I think some might of reaped the benefits but might prove challenging with the spastic and ADHD kids who can't sit still.

Some parents have told me horror stories, sitting there, forcing thier kids to watch a cartoon giraffee hopped up on acid and PCP teach the kids reading comprehension. Oh... and the music... the music with some of these courses. Sort of like Sesame Street from hell. I know of a few parents that are so happy their kids are back to school, in-person.