View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 23, 2021, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep-SA-Lame View Post
I wish Tomatillos would depart for the moon instead. Incredibly mediocre. Extremely interested to see what this Dallas developer has in mind for the space though.
I remember in the 90s when Tomatillos was actually really good. There was a nice young woman that once worked. I was seven then and I'm sure I probably had a crush on her. But once she finished Med School, she moved with her fiance to Houston. I haven't been there in nearly 12 years since she left. The only downside to that place was that smoking was still allowed in the bar area. There also once was a Sea Food restaurant across the street. Now there's a Whataburger there. That's how long ago it was.

In 2013, I ate there with some co-workers and the food was indeed mediocre at best. It was just...bland and inauthentic. I felt like I was eating Tex/Mex in a state like Indiana or Tennesee (no offense to people living there but the closer to the border you are, the better the Tex/Mex food). I have no idea how Tomatillos has lasted this long when there are so many better options. Plus, they ruined the original look of the restaurant when they painted over it with beige and lime green. Tomatillos once had dark-red bricks and wall paintings outside depicting matadors and dancers.

I guess I'm just being nostalgic. Nothing lasts forever. That's just the way it goes.