View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 21, 2023, 3:50 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
I don't think so. If anything, I trust them more, and the L.A. Group the least.

Remington sees an opportunity to develop a district around a LeBreton Flats arena. They could never get that sort of prime real estate deal in Downtown Toronto. Markham, I think was the best they could hope for at the time. On top of that, they want to 70 acres in Kanata.

Having Reynolds as part of the bid further solidifies the Sens' place in Ottawa. He has ties to Ottawa and wants to produce another "Welcome to Wrexham" rags to richesses type documentary with the Sens.

I mean, it's the same general idea with Ottawa. $1 Billion for the team and building a new arena. Difference is the nearly 70 acres of land in Kanata that can be redeveloped or flipped (at a value of about $200 million).
Remington doesn't need more property in the GTA. They own hundreds of acres worth billions. An arena district on their downtown Markham holdings will increase the inflated York Region values even higher. (and they can still flip Kanata)

Ryan Reynolds in partnership with Remington is proposing a Markham connection in the largest film studio in Canada.

This forum tends to see everything in black or white. IMO, The Senators moving to Markham is extremely unlikely. My point is that I have no doubt the Remington Group bid is giving the processes in moving the team from Ottawa into the Maple Leafs territory thought. That's not something you want from new ownership.

There's 0% of an expansion team being awarded in the GTA. NHL interests are to expand territory. The only chance of a second team is to move an existing team.