View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 14, 2009, 1:49 PM

I-15 declared a natural-gas corridor

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705284726,00.html

Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr. refuels his natural gas-powered Chevy Suburban during a stop in Utah County to launch the I-15 natural-gas corridor.

..."We're going to see if we can do a better job at making the infrastructure available for people traveling all along I-15," the governor said, "and guarantee it's going to stimulate a whole lot more interest in this fuel called natural gas."

The Orem refueling station is one of 25 in Utah — 19 of which are owned by Questar and six are owned by the state — with additional stations planned for Beaver and Washington counties. There are also at least 50 privately owned CNG refueling stations.

Huntsman said there was little talk about cleaner air and energy efficiency when he ran for governor the first time in 2004. The second time around, however, the governor said he heard such talk everywhere he went...

..."I can tell you that we're swimming in natural gas," Jibson said. "We have large, abundant supplies that have yet to be tapped. So much of the abundant supply of natural gas is right here in our state, right in this region." ...

Questar, state to boost natural gas for vehicles
Compression upgrade will help customers with quicker fill-ups.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_11691842

...Questar will open two new natural gas stations in southern Utah, and the state government will upgrade its six public-use outlets to boost capacity. The public-private moves are part of an initiative Huntsman said should encourage bordering states to build the infrastructure to make natural-gas vehicles more convenient. Utah and the nation have abundant gas preserves that can decrease dependence on foreign oil, the governor said.

"It's here," he said. "It's part
of our state. It creates jobs. It cleans the air." ...