View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 18, 2021, 6:04 PM
somewhere in-between

Traverse City -

Well this is ironic. Just after I posted about it, and just prior to this week - when preconstruction activities were scheduled to start, a judge has put the $20 million Traverse City FishPass project on hold. A local resident has filed suit, reflecting his and others' concerns that the construction will destroy many existing park trees and therefore there should be a public vote. This suit seems to have alerted the judge to the possibility of inconsistencies between plans that the city previously approved and actual construction plans that might take place. An injunction is being filed to initiate further investigation.

Quote:
Judge Power Puts Traverse City FishPass Project on Hold
Madison Schlegel | 9 & 10 News
January 17, 2021
Here are some quotes from Judge Powers (what an apt name!) -

Quote:
“Before I got all stirred up I thought I better go out and look at the thing. Sure enough, there’s x’s painted on pretty much all the trees along the south side of the river running from the Union Street dam to the Union Street bridge.”

“What other things have I been told about this project and the ten year duration and commitments after the ten year- or lack of commitment after 10 years that weren’t altogether right?”

“There is to be no earth moving, no tree cutting, no construction on this project pending further order of the court.”
We'll watch and see where this goes...

Last edited by deja vu; Mar 12, 2021 at 9:02 PM.