View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 12, 2023, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
So let me get this straight A)you are blaming chinatown for its current condition and all the parking lots and b)you are suggesting that a stadium on MARKET STREET will be the elixir for these issues.

Got it. Chinatown folks didnt want the convention center or the roundhouse or 676 or a host of other major projects that havent helped their neighborhood- but now that its screwed up by all these decisions you are arguing they should be asking for an arena because that will be different. WOuldn't all the thousands of people going in and out of the convention center already be providing the boost to restaurants you predict?
Haven't helped the neighborhood? I don't agree with that. The only people who were in Chinatown and at Reading Terminal last week were people from the History convention going on. It was tourists. The more the merrier.
I don't agree with comparing 676 and the Roundhouse to the convention center or the proposed arena which could be used even more often. The Roundhouse did bring police and other workers to that area, but it could be used far better as inga saffron's article hightlighted last week.

676 was certainly a detriment, but northwest center city is the only area really still floundering in trash filled un-used parking lots. Many owned by chinese LLC's from NJ.
Quote:
So let me get this straight A)you are blaming chinatown for its current condition and all the parking lots and b)you are suggesting that a stadium on MARKET STREET will be the elixir for these issues.
Not completely, but the blame goes around to why Market East is in such poor shape. It's not the elixir but it could be the spark as a billion dollar mixed-use development turning the retail of the mall into a few street fronting spaces. Concerts, WNBA, whatever could use it in the off-season. Maybe get Goldenberg to move on 8th and Market into a hotel or something.

Last edited by TempleGuy1000; Jan 12, 2023 at 7:42 PM.