View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 6, 2022, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopas ej View Post
I agree with you here.

Also, I'm surprised Glendale and Burbank haven't tried to lobby for Metro Rail transit into their cities. Both are big job centers, and whenever I'm in Glendale, the buses always seem well-used, and I often see people waiting at the bus stops. If not Burbank, then Glendale I would think would be a great candidate for rail transit---I'm rarely in Burbank but often in Glendale, so I see the transit use there.
I think the plan right now, at least in the short-term, is to improve Metrolink services to those areas by building two new infill stations between Burbank and LAUS, and improving service frequencies to 7.5-15 minutes. I think there's a long-term plan by Metro to build a Burbank-Glendale LRT, but that's currently a strategic unfunded project until another transit tax measure is approved or if Metro can get a new stable source of revenue from the state or Feds. For example, Metro is seeking the state to allocate $17 billion out of its $31 billion surplus this year to transit expansion in the LA area.