View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 6, 2023, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromSD View Post
A KTLA Channel 5 story on this included an interview with the city manager of Rancho Cucamonga who said that Brightline West was hoping to get half the $10 billion cost of the project from the 2021 federal infrastructure bill. That seems like a big ask considering all the other competing priorities for that money.

And according to the RC city manager, the Brightline West service will end not in Victorville, but at the Metrolink Station in RC. I’m not clear on how that is going to happen. The extra segment from Victorville to RC is not a trivial increase in scope. Getting over the Cajon Pass and through the most intensively developed portion Inland Empire is bound to be at least as difficult and costly as the relatively straight stretch from Victorville to Las Vegas down the median of I-15.
If I recall correctly they plan to connect to RC through regular speed rail lines to cut costs.

Ultimately whenever CHSR builds their pass across the San Gabriels, they will likely realign the train to connect to LA directly through that.