View Single Post
Old Posted May 27, 2012, 5:42 AM

My guess is there won't be any movement on the Spire site for a while mostly due to legal issues. I don't even know if Kelleher still owns the land.

to get back on topic: According to that new video it doesn't look like the project has been scaled back. If anything it seems like it has gotten bigger. I could have sworn there were only five towers in the first proposal now there's seven. Anyway, like I said, until it's scaled back and all the other issue are addressed no one is really going to consider this a real proposal.

Btw, you think Chicago is all YIMBY? Tell that to Draper and Kraper who's been in a court battle for over a decade trying to get a highrise build on north lakeshore drive, or Fouth Presbyterian church on the Mag mile who tried selling air rights to a developer to build a 50 strorey highrise but had to settle for a nice 5 storey box instead b/c NIMBY's shot down the highrise. There are several other instances but I'm not going to go over all of them. Chicago isn't as bad as Boston or San Francisco when it comes to NIMBY but some places in this city are probably just as bad.