View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 5, 2017, 4:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLibertine View Post
In defense of one of the poorest neighborhoods in the city, it can be tough to renovate 100 year old buildings when you don't have the financial means to do it.
So fuck anyone who wants to invest the money to do it then right? The building in question was abandoned, had a stop work order, multiple code cases, and a demo order when. I acquired it. I was literally the only person who stepped up to take care of it. It would be a vacant lot if I didn't step up as the city was weeks away from razing it. Meanwhile stupid shits with paint decide to do hundreds of dollars worth of damage for fun as part of their lowlife hobby and then get pissed when I clean it up within 24 hours and spray racist bullshit on my building in response. And yes, the term yuppies is clearly racially charged here. Ironically only one of my units has white people living it it with the others having anything from Mexican young professionals to Venezuelan immigrants to african Americans. Just another case of ignorant assholes trying to block progress. I displaced no one and literally shoveled piles of dried human shit that homeless squatters left behind while cleaning it up. Literally 3' wide and 1' deep piles of shit. But as TUP said, I'm the bad guy because I'm being financially rewarded for taking that risk and putting that work in.