View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 17, 2020, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKChaz View Post
Really disappointing. I assume the rest will undergo a similar change. The original plan was very river oriented, made to look like it organically grew from the river. This almost turns its back from the river and treats it like an inconvenience. Park for residents and obligatory riverwalk? - check
Thing is, there is a disconnect. Many would like a grand and public riverfront. But we rely on developers with no such incentive. Whatever is enough to get renters or buyers is enough. If this development had included office components, there might be incentive to do something more interesting to meet the needs of workers and create a statement that would lure companies that want to be part of that image and appeal to new employees.
It will be extra awful if they do this to the rest of the development. I would think that making the park more attractive would actually make this development more attractive to residents. A park surrounded by the blank walls of parking podiums during the day and constantly bathed in harsh light from parking garages at night isn't attracting anyone. I get that condos might require more parking but there are other solutions to getting more parking.