View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 19, 2019, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
I have to agree if I had a 470k single family home there about to have multiple hotel windows staring into my backyard Id be a little pissed.

Goodby resell value.

Of course you did buy a house backing a commercial development in the central city so my judgement is clearly already flawed.
Your point is well made but those houses are considerably more expensive than $470K for the most part. A friend bought one on 42nd Place back in 2015 for a little under $900K and even at that price it was in need of a remodel. MLS shows three recent sales within a block - $735K, $970K and $729K and two of them aren't beautiful.

Edit: here's one of the ones backing the proposed project, check out the body of the listing "If you are looking to be in the heart of Arcadia with views of Camelback Mountain from your back yard, 15 min from the airport, and located between Fashion Square and the Biltmore, this is the home for you." I imagine that's exactly why the home was purchased, to take advantage of the views. https://www.redfin.com/AZ/Phoenix/41.../home/27220455