View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 27, 2022, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
What kind of development can we realistically expect to see as a result of the arena (This is not a snarky/rhetorical question)? Not even necessarily on the south side of Market but all the underdeveloped lots and shabby buildings in the immediate surrounding area.

To me, the most realistic thing is a parking garage but I sincerely hope there is a concerted effort to restrict parking like was done when the Convention Center expanded.

A hotel also seems feasible except due to the CC, the area is already saturated with hotels. I don't have insight if more are needed at this specific location or not.

Maybe Oliver Tyrone Pulver can leverage the arena to secure tenants for 1300 Market But yea...Market East is probably the weakest commercial office submarket in Center City/Univ City.

Maybe residential? Could be a good spot for 1-2 bedroom non-luxury rentals?

Just spitballing here.
A hotel makes the most sense to me.

I'm holding out hope for a luxury hotel at the Disney Hole with a venue and highend shopping. This could be a signature property for some high-end hotel operation.

Then add 500 cops in Market East/wash sq and call it a day. Market street east of City Hall would finally be the destination it always should have been.