View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 19, 2020, 1:32 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_denizen View Post
Are you folks being serious ? Texas Hispanic mens vote percentage for trump were exactly the same as those of white men

The demographic wave to democrats thesis is busted .
I wasn't talking about any kind of racial/ethnic demographic determinism, but rather the urban/rural political divide.

The dallas and houston MSAs are a lot more conservative than their peers around the nation.

IF they were to ever politically behave like the other top 10 metros such as DC, LA, boston, chicago, philly, seattle, NYC, atlanta, etc., then texas would go blue.

That's just a mathematical fact, but it's one that is completely dependent on a very big hypothetical "IF".

however, the trends in metro dallas and houston do show them getting bluer over time, but who knows, there might be a ceiling on those trends that forever holds them back from going heavily blue like the other largest metro areas in the nation.

So yes, I was being serious, but I wasn't saying what you thought I was saying. I was just talking hypothetical math.

Absolutely none of this is a forgone conclusion.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Nov 19, 2020 at 3:09 PM.