View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 2:19 PM

I did not have any Druids in the family as far as I know, but I did have an aunt who was a Rosacrucian.... I was looking at the Burbank contingent to see if I could recognize a face, but no luck. 1925 was a bit before my time. I was also trying to see if any of the buildings were recognizable, and I think that the large brick building behind and slightly to the right of the Burbank contingent of Druids is the First Christian Church, which was under construction at the time. If so, then the location of the picture behind the Burbank group would probably be at Glenoaks Blvd. (then 4th street) and Tujunga. This would be in the center of the photo. The next street behind the group would be Verdugo. None of the houses that are visible in the picture behind the group are there now, or if they are, they are remodeled beyond recognition. Tujunga above Glenoaks is now solidly apartment buildings. The buildings along Glenoaks are also not there anymore, as far as I can tell. The fish-eye lens used for the panoramic picture distorts a lot in the way of things in the background. Anyway, that is my contribution to the location.

Last edited by oldstuff; Apr 24, 2018 at 2:45 PM.