View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 1:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossC View Post
I don't want to preempt Handsome Stranger's recollections, but here's a little info I found. The following is from rockandrollroadmap.com:
Once a very popular club site for the late-night set. Don't blink when you drive by as it is very easy to miss.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jane's Addiction and Nirvana all hit their stage in the '80s, and by the early '90s, it was the hottest Hollywood rock venue this side of the Whisky.

Club Lingerie
6507 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90028
One of the commenters claims to have sold cocaine there in 1984 while working as a security guard.

The Club Lingerie name still appears on the GSV images up until 2009 (below). Since then, the building seems to have been repainted in a different style almost every year.

GSV
Thank-you, Hoss! I actually do remember the place now. I went there several times for drinks with friends, but never played there. This was around 1991 to 1994, I'm not sure of the exact date.

Another place I just remembered was the Knitting Factory. It was located inside of this building on Hollywood Blvd. I never played there, either, though friends of mine did.