View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 10, 2013, 7:33 PM
heavy user of walkability

overall, not much earth-shattering to report...

the old warehouse next to the traffic circle is gradually being chewed into gravel, but as you can see on the right side of the pic, they have conspicuously left the rear portion of the building intact, so maybe that is not in the demo plan for now. Old Mission Bay hangs on. this is looking east:

looking south:

and also south down what used to be the passageway between this warehouse and the one that used to house the visitor center (which was on the left). block 11 ('MB 360') - which is finally going vertical again - in the background:

a bit more of the scaffolding has come down on block 3 ('Venue')... looking south down Fourth:

on block 2, a bit of a disappointment for me... the surface treatment of the two low north-facing sections - which I assume are entryways - that separate the block into its three masses, looks jarringly out of place. smooth colored glass next to brick can work, but for me this doesn't, maybe because of its opacity. looks like a piece was carved out of the Bayer/Nektar building and grafted on here. I don't get it:

the area in 'front' of the hospital looked more cleared than it has been, so maybe the work on the entry roadways and landscaping is coming soon:

an evening shot of the slowly evolving MB 'skyline':

Last edited by timbad; Nov 10, 2013 at 7:44 PM.