View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 15, 2023, 8:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredinno View Post
-snip-
1) That entire subargument started because you said Norgate would eventually go to Phibbs. Norgate does make sense as a second crossing in 2060 and onwards (connecting to one station of the Phibbs extension), but that would be a capacity solution, not a time-saving solution. That’s probably what TransLink has in mind.

Both Gold and Purple are clearly shown connecting Park Royal.

2) Add another 4 minutes and a 2-5 minute transfer window to the Park Royal-Norgate SkyTrain, because you have to switch trains (assuming they’re separate Expo-Norgate and Park Royal-Phibbs lines... instead of branches/spurs of one big line, which halves frequency and doubles the window). That’s 7-10 minutes’ advantage at peak. Still underperforming compared to other SkyTrains.

You want to talk about “skimming?” I’ve posted the actual bus ridership at least twice this month, and it’s been ignored just as many times.
The 250 and 257 would keep going downtown, because truncating at Norgate or a Park Royal spur and taking that downtown instead is just as long (or longer) for its passengers. That leaves the remaining bus routes, and of those, Phibbs wins.

3) And yet all of TransLink’s planning within the next ten years is for Second Narrows. Evergreen’s LRT and RRT plans followed the exact same route as each other, so IDK what you’re trying to say here... that a Phibbs SkyTrain might be replaced with a streetcar (then back again), like Langley? It’s possible.

4) Here’s the map again: no, because the 255 links up with the 227 and shortens the commute between Lynn Creek and Lonsdale; the 232 is the only route covering Brooksbank and all of Keith; they can’t move. All that’s left for Queensbury is the 228.

5) It’s just as easy to insist that you’ve been rude to me, but I’ll be the bigger person and figure that you’re simply passionate about your argument. I suggest you do the same.