View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 17, 2022, 1:21 PM
Show me the blueprints

One of the most frustrating things with any transit agency is their reluctance to offer for sale retired railcars to the public. Even if they couldn't sell them all to people to convert to cabins, offices, interesting architectural additions like those tube cars in London on top of the building, I would imagine they would make a lot more money than just signing some scrap contract or dumping them in the ocean for reefs. Not only that the Redbirds worked as artificial reefs because they're carbon steel. They found out the stainless steel cars don't work so well. It's extremely unfortunate they didn't offer any R-32 cars, an extremely well designed and iconic design, for sale instead seeing nearly the entire fleet hauled to Ohio to be shredded. What a shame. On a side note i always thought it would be really cool to have a retired and restored B division subway car(s) for a seating area flush with the floor inside a new JFK terminal.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding