View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 18, 2021, 9:21 PM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
Lucky you.

London is trying to do this. Unfortunately the mainstream Brit can’t cook and doesn’t really appreciate good food anyway, so there’s little resistance. Electric cooktops are garbage for numerous reasons, and induction isn’t much better. My current apartment has induction and I can’t even cook a steak indoors because the fucking thing overheats and switches off.
It wasn't cheap but worth it. Plus, adds value to the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocman View Post
White people. I'm sure electric is great if you eat food with no culture. I'm not strongly opposed to these laws, but there's always this whitewashing of ethnic/cultural traditions that's so dismissive when we talk about climate change laws in the US. Chinese food taste even better if you replace the real meat with sustainable quinoa meat. Bonus: you also don't have to eat the gross parts of the animal that actual Chinese people use! Jamie Oliver has made of career of this.
I'm not sure how we managed to drag race into a discussion about stoves...but race is injected into just about everything else now so why not. Fact is most people (regardless of race) who cook agree that gas is better.