View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 19, 2019, 12:19 AM
West End & Riverside

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
I do wonder if this is ever built, being all modern... if they will clean the area up? Architecture is one thing, but the street life... that is what makes the area. You know, the folks selling the illegal tickets, the rampant homeless than inhabit the immediate area, the guy with the broken beats headphones in the wheel chair, the folks shouting the devil is real and Jesus is coming. Those folks, that make the Penn Station that much more exciting.

Its just going to be weird seeing that in a modern setting (more modern than currently present). The current Penn Station, its expected with its atmosphere adding to it.
It's practically a Westchester country club these days compared to the '70's, 80's and 90's! I'm not sure how cleaned up any main train station district in a major city can possibly be - even Zurich and Copenhagen have their own share of train shed oddities. At least you don't see small encampments clustered around light poles where they've managed to pull live wires from the power supply, and they're running hot plates, boom boxes and even an Apple IIe! I vividly remember those days. Now Newark Penn.....it's like night of the living dead over there.