View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 3, 2014, 6:09 AM
Never Dell

Quote:
Originally Posted by alki View Post
Preserves is a strange term to use..........all I can think of is game preserves. Ignoring that rather odd description......even the single family neighborhoods are experiencing change becoming more dense without having to tear down the houses themselves.

Families occupy those single family homes. They prefer living in a home rather than an apartment. I see no reason why that choice should not be available to Seattle residents. Do you?

I said nothing about 'the majority-family thing'. Are you opposed to families too? And there's that preserve term again. Do you imagine SF areas to be like human zoos?
Most house neighborhoods aren't changing much.

Most SFRs aren't occupied by families.

Keep that choice available? Of course. Did I say anything about reducing the number of houses? Obviously not. In fact I'd like to increase the number of SFRs in Seattle...accessory units, four packs, and so on. Lots of families live in those places? Do you dislike families, and if not why are you working against them?

I'll quote you directly: "Most single family homes in W. Seattle are occupied by families." I replied "As for the majority-family thing, that might be true in small areas but is unlikely citywide." Want to rethink your reply?