View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 7, 2022, 8:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip View Post
Lol this is going to be a CitizenM. I went to Boston late November and booked there for a week and a half and paid from here in Chicago thinking I would work from a desk in the hotel room. The room was tiny tiny and the desk was 1.5 feet in width and 1 foot in depth. I checked out the next morning. But alas this was all my fault for not looking into the hotel. The hotel gears towards a demographic I wasn't looking for. But I must say the customer service was excellent. The customer service was polite and attentive and fast. They refunded my money even though I booked and paid through a third party app. Everything was really clean and was geared for something I wasn't looking for. But if I was looking for what the hotel offers this would have been excellent. I think having CitizenM in Chicago will be a good thing. To bad about the old brick building going away though.
Yeah as mentioned above I visited some friends staying in one in New York. It's basically ultra small rooms at affordable price but with very nice finishes/customer service/amenities that a more expensive hotel would have. If you're not aware of this when booking I'm sure it would be a bit of a shock. But for locals this should be a nice place to enjoy the bar/patio/roof or whatever they have.

Agreed it's a win to have this option and adds tot the diversity of hotel options available in the city. Kind of like the relatively new Moxy in River North which a lot of people seem to love staying in.