View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 10:31 PM

ive dealt with Lefkofsky and worked for one of his companies pre Groupon (and saw the inner workings of 2-3 others), and the business practices were always pump and dump/straight up shady. plenty of supporting documents out there if you care to do the research. also funny that the press release for the cancer data company almost identically mirrors that for all the other industries hes "disrupted"...expect i know what the back end looked like and its capabilities were never even remotely close to what it was sold as to clients. actually a complete joke. quite interesting sales meetings to say the least and outright lying to clients was common. "software cant do what we say it does? just show them some powerpoints with screenshots and walk them through that instead so we dont have to do a live demo." also plenty of strong arm tactics against vendors who were supposed to be "partners" in an effort to drive costs. ironically the partners were the only ones actually producing a tangible thing of value in this entire exchange but the fact he was putting small mom and pop business out of work couldnt have mattered less...to the point that they were forced into borderline bribery to do business with us. calling it a "tech" company was a joke, but sure it was enough for Mayor Daley to think it was a big thing, who happened to tour the 600 West office to see what the "new economy" was all about.

the fact hes become the celebrated poster boy for Chicago entrepreneurship is disconcerting. then again i suppose it fits perfectly with the hucksterism of our late stage capitalism. i suggest checking your wrist if you ever happen to shake his hand to make sure your watch is still there after the exchange.

Last edited by Via Chicago; Sep 29, 2016 at 10:57 PM.