View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 5, 2022, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
Did you even read the article? I said that the police are terrible at doing their job and Krasner prosecutes nearly everyone the police actually charge. How exactly did your article refute any of that?

The article notes the terrible performance of the police, so I guess we're in agreement there. The article does attack Krasner's conviction rate on illegal gun possession and notes that the rate fell after he took office(it was also already falling before he took office) but it doesn't have anything to do with the persistent myth pushed by you and others here that Krasner isn't prosecuting people for these crimes.

Krasner is prosecuting these people. They're just winning. The police blame him. Krasner blames the evidence the police are giving him. So I guess it's up for people to decide, are the police bad at obtaining evidence (keeping in mind, the police are bad at everything they do) or does Krasner love criminals and wants them to run free? Tough choice for the armchair intellectuals.

It's worth noting that conviction rates are down across America for all kinds of crimes. Probably because convicting people often requires testimony from a cop and it's pretty hard to find a jury full of people that all unquestioningly believe the word of a cop these days.
Wow you seem to really love Krasner. That’s really great. Glad he’s turning the city around. What’s your solution for those of us who think crime has gotten out of control?

““We do not believe that arresting people and convicting them for illegal gun possession is a viable strategy to reduce shootings,” the DA’s Office wrote.”

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philad...outputType=amp