View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 26, 2020, 6:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delthayre View Post
This article has been contentious. It might be worthwhile to also read this critique of the article, although there might be reason to regard the critque as being to some extent ideologically, not factually or analytically motivated.
Great article and thank you for sharing it. The first point made point made here

Quote:
If we compare desirable central areas with the best jobs access, however, then Houston looks much better. Montrose, for instance, is a hip neighborhood nearly adjacent to downtown Houston and only a few miles from Houston’s most important secondary job centers. An average one-bedroom apartment rents for $1,325 per month, according to Zillow. In Brooklyn Heights, an analogous neighborhood in New York—Times Square is a 23-minute subway ride away—one-bedroom rents average almost $3,274 per month.
debunking the narrative behind the paragraph preceding this one is something this article does well. Perhaps a better perspective is offered rather than outright dismissing the Streetsblog article. I shy away from browsing through Streetsblog or Citlab though I will read their articles when posted. Vox is bad enough but I can tolerate them.

The information presented by Streetsblog here is extremely disingenuous and one sided.