View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 19, 2015, 2:16 AM

I got invited to the design team so I'll have occasional news. Basically there are different design teams responsible for different aspects of the building.

The elevators will be in the center with the tower towards HUP being the smaller while the back tower towards the train station will be a bit bigger. There will be several podium levels that span the footprint all the way out to the sidewalk in some areas. Either the front tower will be first with the back bigger tower left for later, or they will both be done at once.

Each team is starting to work up their estimates for everything in the building. The literal number of patient floors/units is liquid as is the total bed count. Each room will be a private single patient room which is a nice step-up from how HUP is now in many areas. These rooms will allow HUP to renovate some of the older/existing floors into single patient rooms as well. So the overall bed count will not sky-rocket. The costs that each team comes up with will actually have input into how many floors are initially planned, if both towers are built at once, and so on.

When I say everything, we're calculating each computer, bed, wiring job, chair, counter, you name it LOL. It's going to be ridiculous, but pretty rewarding if we can get some decent things done. Though I'm pretty sure the physical core & shell team would win out over costly medication delivering Drones, but what the hell I may write the drones in anyway. If I have to ask for 3 (or 5) things to only get 2, then I can adapt to that quickly enough in the projections. LOL

Cheers,
G.