View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 4, 2020, 9:44 PM
Voice of the Modern World

I live in Atlanta and I hate our skyline here. It has too many gaps and holes in it. Our Atlanta downtown and midtown skyline looks like a skyline version of a toothless hillbilly’s mouth. We never have anything tall in the pipeline here to properly fill those gaps...

It’s also why I completely hate this Newpark development in Dallas. It’s separated from the main downtown skyline cluster with lots and lowrises between them. I also hate the revisions since the Smart District plans. The tallest now looks so uninspiring and is definitely not a supertall or even close to that height, whereas in the smart district plan it looked like it had a supertall (or something 900 ft or taller) and several other tall buildings.

I guess if you wanna be technical it’s better than what’s currently there now but I hate the scaledown and uninspiring plans in that video. Smart District was superior to it. The only saving grace for this Newpark plan is that at street level it’s pretty urban and welcoming to pedestrians... because away from the ground it’s design can be confused with hundreds of projects around the globe.

I love Dallas but I have to be honest, I hate this Newpark development. Reminds me of the shit I see here in Atlanta.

Last edited by N90; Jul 4, 2020 at 11:41 PM.