View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 25, 2022, 3:40 PM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpIllInoIs View Post
Thats what I thought when I read the CN Heritage/CSX-IAS connector loop in downtown Joliet. Sheer lunacy to clearcut a fairly dense downtown core for a train that may have 5 rt/day. And to be oblivious of the near-term plan to reroute All Amtrak trains off of said CN Heritage to the Rock Island in Joliet..just challenges the veracity of this "study".
Yeah, the most charitable interpretation is that the study was mostly done before this was clear, but the ridership comps look a bit suspect. Still, I like the project. I do wonder how many people from Peoria currently travel to Princeton or Bloomington-Normal for Amtrak already, but this would be much more time efficient. And the Illinois River towns (Morris, Lasalle, Ottawa) all have really great bones but are a bit too far for Metra.

Selfishly, I want this this because of 1) Starved Rock access without renting a car (assuming there will be a shuttle from Utica... the Utica bridge has no sidewalk and looks perilous for bicycles) 2) easy access to the I&M canal trail in Morris for biking.