View Single Post
Old Posted May 5, 2006, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago3rd
As far as prep time and land acquisition time the circle and brown line should be about the same, but I believe once construction starts the circle line should be able to outpace the brown line. The brown/red/purple line construction project is occuring on track and stations that still have to be open and running. So construction has to take that into account. If they closed down the lines I bet they could cut a few years off this project...but of course that is not practical.
You are right on the point that building of most of the tracks (or right of ways, or BRT lanes, or whatever) should be faster, but I would guess that the planning will be much longer. The Brown line project's planning should have been relativly short, they know where the line runs. They still have to ID which of the three corridors they are going to use, what mode of transport, at, above, or below grade. All those decisions where already decided with the brown line.

So while the actual construction should be short, I would say the planning will be much longer.