View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 27, 2022, 5:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixote View Post
The technical proposal states "using a smaller vehicle size, which allows us to reduce the internal tunnel diameter to less than 40 feet." But in addition to systems that use Bombardier's Innovia stock (JFK Airport, Vancouver Skytrain, Kuala Lumpur), they also mention projects in Singapore, Sydney, and Montreal. Singapore's rolling stock for its automated lines is even wider than our Bredas, while Sydney and Montreal's are 1/2-inch narrower.

Budgeting for a 15-foot side platform and 3-foot emergency walkway, it would seem to me that 10-foot-wide trains — or at least 9-9.5-foot width — are feasible. Bombardier's Innovia rolling stock seems to be very customizable, with Beijing's Capital Airport Express trains being 10.5 feet wide.
Hey Quixote, sent you a PM!

Bombardier's Innovia line is so versatile. It would behoove us in LA County to advocate Inglewood's Mayor James T Butts and LA Mayor/Metro Chair Garcetti consider using the Bechtel proposal's versatile Innovia rolling rolling stock for both the Inglewood People Mover and the Sepulveda pass as it plays both people mover at major airports; including JFK as well as major/well respected metro lines like Vancouvers's skytrain.

It could lead to a one seat ride from the Valley to Inglewood's sports and entertainment area and continue on the unfunded Harbor subdivision to DTLA

My friend @StanfordCaldera created this beautiful map

And I created this ugly map of a dream I have...

I dream about this line being quad tracked at least around certain stations that could allow express service from LAX to downtown that could charge a premium $$ to help fund the construction of this and other lines In my dream it’s almost completely Elevated because only in LA do you get this when riding an elevated train or waiting on the elevated platform for your next train ...

ONLY AVAILABLE ELEVATED IN L.A.

#ElevatedInLA #RideElevatedLA

Last edited by hughfb3; Jun 27, 2022 at 7:18 AM.