View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 27, 2023, 11:04 PM
Show me the blueprints

I guess I'm in the camp that isn't particularly impressed with Brightlines "product" in Florida but at the same time doesn't have a problem with a private company taking at stab at a market that didn't exist before. Do i think they've made a decent attempt at a stylish experience in the trains and facilities - yes. Do I think those things are also a bit half-assed as well as the undeniable reality that the entire service is basically just dressed up conventional speed rail with a fun paint job - also yes. I think the grade crossings are doomed to be widow makers until the state agrees to the quad-gate investment. Blah blah blah... I could keep talking but it doesn't really matter. Ultimately the state was robbed of a true electrified HSR by the same quack rightwing ilk that run the place now in favor of a private sector "solution" and Brightline is what they got. It's not great, but it's not horrible. Maybe it's just what Florida deserves.

I just hope the company's attempt in the desert at true HSR will be the real deal.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding