View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 23, 2014, 10:03 PM
Old Fart Forumer

^ I guess this is along the lines of the above article (from the Cornell Daily Sun):

Quote:

Collegetown Crossing Rent Could Reach $1,000 Per Month

OCTOBER 22, 2014 11:56 PM0 COMMENTS
By EMMA QUIGLEY

Apartments at Collegetown Crossing — a new residential building that will be constructed at 307 College Ave. — will be priced at around $1,000 per month per tenant, developer Josh Lower ’05 announced at a Collegetown Council meeting Tuesday.

The new building, which will begin construction in June and open in the following year, will also contain a Green Star Cooperative Market, a heated bus stop and a small public garden in addition to 96 beds, Lower said. He added that he is planning to bring in one to two commercial startups for the unit.

Lindsay Wershaw ’16, vice president for public relations for the Student Assembly, said she thought many students would not appreciate the price of the rent, which is $200 higher than Lower originally planned.

“I understand it’s an enticing location but it should be made as inexpensive as possible for students,” Wershaw said. “The new residential space helps some but not others.”

According to Lower, the increase is a financial necessity for the unit, despite the “much larger market” for the lower prices.

“The economics of the situation won’t allow rent at those prices,” Lower said. “If I could only get $700 to $800, I wouldn’t be able to build the building.”

Here's the link to the entire article:

http://cornellsun.com/blog/2014/10/2...000-per-month/

Mr. Lower's project is item #13 in the first thread post, and also covered in thread post #21 above.

Retired, now Grandpa Daycare

Last edited by Ex-Ithacan; Oct 23, 2014 at 10:13 PM.