View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 23, 2012, 3:41 PM
Chicagoland Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_M_Tungsten View Post
What's the point of making the current Elgin-ohare a toll road; besides making money?
You pretty much hit the nail right on the head with that one. TBH, whenever I'm out that way (Roselle), I usually use either Lake St., Irving Park Rd. or Nerge Rd. to travel locally, or travel east on Lake until I hit 290/355 at Rt. 53 and avoid the Elgin-O'Hare altogether. I only ever use it when I'm driving SB on 290 from Schaumburg and want to access Roselle Rd. a few minutes faster.

I think some people are going to realize this too, and some new arterial congestion will result from converting the entire length into a toll road. To that end, I already know from experience how much hate Itasca and IDOT recieved when they proposed converting Irving Park into a 4-lane road from just west of Catalpa over to Prospect, just to accomodate more traffic. (hint: they never accomplished it)

My hope is that the toll along this existing length will not be prohibitive so as to encourage a boat load of drivers to seek out alternative routes to and from 290. Of course, the West Bypass is principally for those drivers looking for a fast, easy route to O'Hare from the west, and another connection between 90/294, creating a continuous loop around the airport.