View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 18, 2022, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
Where did you get this information? The building planned on the site would be about 50% bigger than the existing building, 21 storeys tall. Not sure how many units it will have, but almost certainly not 11 units, since it would mean 12,000+ sq ft per unit, which is crazy. I am assuming it will have more apartments than the current building.
Right, I'm also not understanding the 11 units claim. The replacement building could be built up to the (functional equivalent) of 21 floors (it will likely be more like 18 given the huge ceiling heights these days). I find it very hard to believe that there will only be 11 units, as the fanciest family-oriented buildings in NYC don't have 10,000 sq. ft.+ units. That's gigantic.

These will be huge Upper West Side family units, but that typically means 2,000-3,000 square foot apartments. Maybe the baller penthouse floors will have 4,000 square foot apartments. Huge has a different meaning in NYC. But the tower is highly unlikely to have less than 30-40 units, even if a few might be combined.