View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 11, 2022, 7:17 PM
surely you agree with me

I’m not sure I buy the argument that’s it’s a short easy drive from the maples to Bridgwater but I’ll remind people of that when Payeorks employees complain that they want a 3/4 billion dollar expansion of Kenaston. I’ve heard it’s much worse than anything downtown.

Again. That is my point. For those who drive it’s just more driving. Of course I hear a lot of people complaining about the cost of gas and how much they hate the traffic during their commute and this will only exacerbate that, but if they don’t care. Ok. The fact still remains everyone will be forced to drive. 1/3 of downtown office workers do not drive. The financial burden on employees, the environmental burden on the world, the economic impact on taxpayers supporting that increased infrastructure are all important issues.

If my office moved to Bridgwater it would be a very significant cost of living increase for me personally and a significant quality of life downgrade. It would cost me thousands of dollars a year more to work there and I would be cranky having to drive through kenaston twice a day.