View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 7, 2021, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesrmj View Post
I was saying that I am confused that everyone is saying that the T5 expansion won't be complete until 2022 when it was scheduled to be complete in 2021. I thought that once the frameworking begins, then that combined with the fact that interior built out permits had been issued would mean that the rest of the project would move rather quickly from here and open later this year. I also saw on Google Flights that Delta was going to bring in some bigger planes like the A321 to ORD later this year, and I thought that might be a sign for them moving to T5 because they currently don't have many gates that support bigger planes like the A321, but everyone seems to say I'm wrong. I'm not saying that I'm right, I just am confused. Maybe I just don't understand how the construction process works.

Also, this image that I shared earlier shows which gates Delta is getting:

Are there any plans or renderings of the inside of the purple and red areas of the picture? I am curious to know what is going in there in addition to the customary restaurants, stores and shops. Is Delta building a new club for Sky Team? What other airlines have plans to build any clubs in T5 (Qatar, Emirates, Etihad)? Every time I have flown out of T5, I was so unimpressed by the business class lounges with maybe the exception of British Airways (I have not used that club in about 5 years so maybe it's not as good as i remember...)