View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 10:42 PM

Wait... Wut... You want me to be more blunt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
Yeah, that's not at all why people here hate Aurora and you know it.
Some of it was 'provincial' but mostly it was a class thing.

For the record
I had moved from SE Denver (U-Hills) to the eastern edge of the tech center. After several years, in thinking about 'following' the growth I picked between moving across the pond into Aurora or moving to Highlands Ranch. I chose Aurora to stay close to Cherry Creek Reservoir and within Cherry Creek School Dist. I also picked Aurora b/c I like to be busy; I like working with a diverse product and the people that come with it.

Between 1990 and 2005...

Aurora was criticized for "All That Density"; all those (crappy) condos and neighborhoods of attached housing from Town Homes to duplexes, fourplexes etc. All that density, after all, invited more diversity and affordability. During that time nobody had ever heard of the 'missing middle' or considered it a good thing. I was lucky in that I chose a career where early, often and continually we were instructed to not discriminate in any form or fashion.

That's not to say I didn't hear every kind of prejudice from my clients. For example, those who lived in CCSD looked down on those who lived in Aurora School Dist or Littleton School Dist or (God Forbid) Denver School Dist. Peoples individual preferences and prejudices came with the territory.

For the most part I'm unbothered by people's prejudices. It's just an ongoing part of the landscape.