View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 13, 2020, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laniroj View Post
Not surprising. I've heard Lakehouse is really struggling and Edge LoHi is only doing ok, granted both are trying to sell through a pandemic. Strangely enough, the SFH market in Denver metro is still red hot. Condos are just tough, you're talking $600/sf+ for a tiny amount of space. How many people are really interested in that AND can afford it? Condos used to be an entry level option on the continuum of housing, now they are just a nice thing to have for the wealthy but serve no real purpose within the housing spectrum in today's market - perhaps condos would serve a purpose by opening up suburban inventory if the boomers would sell their suburban mansions and only live in the condos, but most the old timers seem to be keeping both (for now). I guess they have too many classic cars to store in their 4 car garages stacked on top of the pile of material garbage they've been accumulating for 60 years.
You make some good points and I now chuckle at your "Boomer" rants.

I previously posted that SFH's are hot all over the country and demand is coming from both millennials and Gen X buyers. Gen X are also buying $million and up homes down here as 2nd homes and eventual retirement homes. These buyers are coming mostly from the upper mid-west and NE.

You are likely correct about a hesitancy to buy as it relates to cost value of limited space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
I've heard that Zocalo's 17th and Newton tower is also pretty much stalled for good.
Weren't these supposed to be affordable units?