View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 2, 2017, 12:16 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_alex View Post
I've been to 112 commercial airports worldwide. This is false. Yes some cities, mostly in Asia, have newer airports that are nice. Largely because they needed an airport and had the luxury of starting from scratch on wide open land.

London, Paris are no better. Probably worse.

Honestly the airports in Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo, UAE, Qatar are nice, but they're still airports. I don't particularly care at the end of the day and they have their own major flaws - really long walking times, far from the city they serve, too many remote stands. The new airport terminals coming online in the US are just as good or better in many ways.
You don't need to have been to many airports to know that NYC needs to improve big time. First, find a solution for better access to JFK and LGA. Two, improve the terminal configuration. Yes, many things can be done and should be done. NY needs a gateway that reflects its status.

Oh, and since you mention London, Heathrow is better now. I would put it above JFK due to the recent developments. T2 and T5, which I was in 2 years ago, are spectacular.

Last edited by aquablue; Oct 2, 2017 at 7:08 AM.