View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 11, 2022, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post
This mandate will absolutely kill the drive in market from surrounding states. The vaccine mandate was already having a chilling effect, but this will just tank tourism numbers even further. Everyone is better off going to Mobile for Mardi Gras this year. If anyone decides to come here, stick to Metairie for the Mardi Gras parades. No vax or mask mandate there.
Which speaks to a larger change and is probably something discussed on the thread already, but for people living in more conservative areas have you seen an increase in visitors?

It's really hard to say where I'm at in OC if there's an increase in visitors because it is always busy, but ancedottally I do know folks in LA County that tell me they're jealous OC didn't have a mask mandate or vax requirement. I could be at one chain in OC and not have to wear a mask but go to the same chain in LA County and have to. Very strange.

I know when we were doing our road trips the past 18 months that hotels in the South seemed to charge more on average than the ones in CA which were super low in price.