View Single Post
Old Posted May 14, 2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
At least having some or all cars fitted with luggage racks would be useful.

I still think the idea of having one or two extra premium fitted cars attached to usual Blue Line trains that include say usb/charging outlets, comfort seating etc may be all that is really needed for many travelers to pay an extra $5-10 for the privilege. Having those cars only be available to take on passengers at a few select stations would cut down on some logistical issues I'd think.

I speculate that it is not so much the surplus time that is a turn off for many potential travelers but riding with the everyday "riff-raff" along with their luggage that barely fits next the seats and being subjected to the summer/winter elements every stop when the doors open.
I think you'd have to extend the trains to 9 or 10 cars to make that work, if platforms permit.

Honestly crowding and the layout of the old cars which makes handling luggage difficult at best are my biggest annoyances. Run more trains at peak and use a more favorable car layout (more longitudinal seating for more space in the center of the car).