View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 15, 2023, 2:37 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labroco View Post
I actually reached out to the Technical Sales Manager of the vapour / barrier product in Washington. We had a very interesting discussion. He states the material is well known and used extensively in Canada.

The 12 month “exposure” refers to the product being left in an unfinished and unfastened condition. The 40% UV exposure speaks of a direct no shading condition to the sun.

The product comes in a “mactac” application and one that is fastened.

It can be argued the flashing will in fact cover the material from direct sunlight and leave the VB in shade so as to conform to the product specifications. The VB will be finished and fastened in place prior to 12 months as well.

With that said, one may say the architects and developer are exploring new design applications which are pushing the technical boundaries of the product and application. Is that not what a creative firm should push for if they have a forward and receptive client?

I’m impressed the project continues to move forward and 300 progressive individuals will be living on Pacific & Alexander in the next 24 months.
To the bolded - definitely agree.

However, this all assumes the novelty of this assembly and the relative unknown in terms of lifespan in a climate like Winnipeg was discussed with the owner ahead of time, including the understanding that they (the owner) will be on the hook to replace and repair this assembly in the event things go south in 5 to 10 years.

Anything is possible I suppose.