View Single Post
Old Posted May 26, 2011, 7:07 PM
3rd Coast King

What are you shooting with and what would you like to shoot with?

Currently I use a Sony Alpha 200 with the following lenses: 18-70mm f3.5-5.6 kit lens; Minolta 50mm f1.7; and a Sigma 70-210mm fixed f2.8 APO. I would like to add to my collection of lens and add a 24-70mm f2.8 preferably made by Sigma and a 11-16 f2.8 by Tokina. Also having a Carl Zeiss 85mm f1.4 is a dream of mine but I’ll probably end up with a Rokinon 85mm f1.4 well before that ever happens. As for a motor I would like to upgrade to a full frame camera like a Sony Alpha850

In a truly perfect world where I had unlimited funds id probably go for a Sigma SD1 with a full barrage of Sigma lenses to go with it. But I don’t see that happening anytime soon.

Of course a Hasselblad H4D-60 would be nice too.

Now the hipster in me wants a Fuji Film FinePix X100. I think these are really cool and would be nice if one wanted to travel light but still be able to take high quality shots. I might actually get one of these.

If you could sum up your style in one photograph what photo would it be?

I can’t sum my style up to just one photo because it has been, and continues to be, a natural progression…..

I started out doing stuff like this…..

Which lead to street photography like this…….

And meeting strangers like this……

Which has most recently lead to funky hotness like this…..

So basically I like to keep it hot with an urban tip. My most recent work doing Fashion photography is something I would like to do more of. I feel it is a great culmination my past experience into something new and fresh but still very urban. Plus I like it when the hot ladies want me to take their pictures.

Talk about your inspirations and influences.

SSP and the photographers on here have been my biggest influence. I have stolen tricks from everyone that has participated here. So keep posting so I can steal more of your tricks!!! My next biggest influence is people I find on Flickr. I continually get new ideas from the people I meet there and the images they take.

In particular I would like to note Sekkle. I used to dig through his thread and view them repeatedly. He really had the kind of style I was looking to achieve with his mix of day time street shots/portraits with the mix of long exposure night photography. He was already well traveled down the road I wanted to be on.

I have also received lots of encouragement from I_AM_HYDROGEN over the years which has also helped keep me going forward. Thanks Kev!

Where have you not been that you want to photograph?

I unfortunately do not get to travel nearly as much as I would like to. So there dozens of places I would love to go. Any major urban local in the states would be a good start. Definitely London. And I would love to go to Melbourne one day. Seems like my kind of town.

Talk about your most popular (in your opinion) photothreads.

I noticed a big increase in viewer for my thread titled: In The Loop

This was my first thread after I got new lens.

My thread Home also did quite nice and I think artistically it had some of my best work yet.

Talk about your photothreads that didn't get the response you wanted.

My Fall Forward did not do quite as well as I was hoping. I was really trying to branch out and expand my style on this thread.

Any tips or personal wisdom you'd like to pass on to others?

Patience, Practice, Patience………

It takes a long time to learn to do something right and continual practice to keep your skills up. So just stick with it and don’t get discouraged.

Don’t be afraid of people!

Last piece of advice: Don’t wait for it to happen. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!

Who should we ask these questions of next?

Desert Diver

My Book