View Single Post
Old Posted May 1, 2008, 10:33 PM

Today's update:

Workers have spent the last three days pouring concrete for the ground floor of the parking garage on Block 27, just west of the Old Navy building, and there's still more to go. Rebar for the columns is sticking up all over the place, and they're starting to add the wood forms for the concrete, so we should see it start to rise out of the ground relatively soon. They've added a small project info billboard to the side of the construction trailer which reveals that the official address of the garage is 450 South Street.

One block north of there, a project info billboard has been erected at the corner of Third and Mission Bay Blvd. South for 455 MB Blvd. S., which is one of Alexandria's biotech/tech projects. This was designed as a three-building complex, but it appears that only Buildings 2 and 3 fronting MB Blvd are being constructed initially. Building 1 was to be the 160-foot tower fronting Third Street, but I'm unsure whether the delay in constructing that one is due to timing of bringing space online or if there is an issue with the design that is requiring additional work. I understand that the Building 2/3 project is out to bid now.

I mentioned awhile ago about Alexandria opening a space in 1700 Owens to showcase the upcoming projects. Looks like they've got some models in there now showing off upcoming projects in both the Owens Street cluster and the Third Street cluster. I'll try to get some shots of those soon.

Work continues at UCSF. The exterior lift was being removed from the cancer building today, while more piles arrived for the cardiovascular building next door and driving has begun again. The northern portion of the campus is still dug up for the major utility pipeline work, and it looks like much of the equipment for the temporary central plant is now in place.