View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 22, 2021, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooted Arborial View Post
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yes, I am often difficult.

Let me complicate the assessment of the building and its recent relatives farther.

Like so many ancient stelae, these contemporary expressions of the worship of the dominating power structure are part of a system which uses them

to keep us on the same path by distracting us from the fact that these islands of affluent excesses are intimately connected to the spread of

urban and environmental decay.

While celebrating the unwarranted privileges of the greediest members of society and their poverty of design sense, we are guaranteeing the

greater decline of everyone's wellness.

Imagine the improvements and jobs which could come about if the costs of these excesses in bad design had been used instead to build up those

neighborhoods which are in much greater need.

The now-former Vista and its ilk of billionaire perversity have always been vanity projects which primarily reinforce the path to greater

inequality and distraction.

Even just visually, it fails to be a positive addition to the skyline because of its self-absorbed gimmickry and shallow reflectivity.
I think you stumbled upon the wrong message board for your rant. . . but thanks for sharing. . .

. . .