View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 9, 2022, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxtex View Post
I just spent a week in Key West. Nobody cares. I came back to Portland. People are walking around and doing normal stuff, nobody appears to care. Old people in Florida and most people were wearing masks inside retail places. People eating inside anywhere in America appear to not care and are willing to take that risk. Portland restaurants are open and people are eating indoors. The local media is reporting like a hurricane is approaching and anecdotally friends i have in health care think its the ww 1 trenches. So I dunno. The electric company is very much open, ppl are working inside an office and our much unloved governor isn't making any new restrictions. Id say the lower the politicians approval rating, the more lax they are at this point. Corporate boardrooms seem to be the ones flipping out tho. Sigh........
Thank God people are less hysterical this time around. The news makes it seem like the sky is falling, but it seems like people here are still going out clubbing, eating inside at restaurants, and going about their day.

We just gotta' get on with it at this point.