View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 27, 2009, 2:08 PM

I think another reason this project might be looked at disdainfully by some is the tone and language used by the media to describe the project. If you look through all the articles (and also listen to some of the TV news reports), politically charged words like high-rise and tower keep being used to describe these projects. Tower? Really? By the definition stated by these forums, high-rise has to be at least 200 feet. These "towers" are half that. They would be mid-rise at best, very similar to what has gone up in West Campus recently. I don't know if these words are being thrown around on purpose, but I can see how people, set in their ways and unwilling to research what's happening on their own, could picture a tower being built next to town lake with these projects being described this way. Granted, I wouldn't even mind if these buildings were towers, but come on, Greyco needs to do a better PR job and at least get the newspapers to correct their language on these projects. I certainly hope everything works out, because everything I have seen and heard about this project makes it seem like a major step in the right direction for that area.