View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 9, 2022, 6:19 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
As for Bus Revolution: Roxborough is absolutely going to get screwed if the current plans are adopted. While I do get frustrated by the NIMBYism of my neighbors at times, I've been loving the passion they have to keep the 9, 27, and 32 running as is. If anything, the 9 run 24 hours a day like it used to.
SEPTA has already backtracked somewhat on the 9 and 27, per this (subscribers-only) article from 2 days ago:

Roxborough is the epicenter of dissent for SEPTA’s bus overhaul | Inquirer.com
Excerpt:
Under the changed plans revealed Tuesday, what is now Route 9 would become a local, taking Ridge Avenue to Broad, then heading to South Philly. The current Route 27 would be an express, using the Schuylkill Expressway, but would exit at 30th Street and travel through Center City on Market Street and JFK Boulevard.

Several residents said they were glad SEPTA listened, but many also still had questions and criticism. For one thing, the local to Broad Street would lengthen the trip, and parents worried that their children who use SEPTA buses to get to schools in Center City would have to get up even earlier than they do now and come home later.